Stephanie Claussen Studio Policy
- Payment by check is due at the first lesson of each month, or if paying online, by the 7th of the month. A fee of $5 per week may be assessed for late payments.
- If you would prefer to pay online, you may do so with either PayPal or Venmo.
- Payments will not be refunded.
2. Cancellation: Both e-mail and phone messages on my home phone are acceptable methods of contacting me. Please do not text or leave a message on my cell phone.
- More than 48 hours’ notice: For any reason other than a lack of practice, I will offer you a makeup lesson or credit for a later lesson.
- Less than 48 hours’ notice: Payment is still due. For bad weather, illness or a family emergency I will offer you a makeup lesson (online or in-person) within the next two weeks. If there are no time slots available within that time, you forfeit the payment for that lesson.
- Practice a minimum of 30 minutes per day, six days a week. Lack of practice during the week is not an acceptable reason to cancel a lesson. If there is a week where you are not able to practice the required amount, we will spend your lesson time on music theory, memorization techniques, sight reading and practicing tips.
- Refer every day to your practice notebook for specific goals and assignments.
- Equipment requirements: a harp, a music stand, some way to keep your harp in tune (electronic tuner, keyboard, or Smartphone app), a metronome, “Exercises for Speed and Agility,” by Deborah Friou
- By registering with my studio, you agree to receive e-mail notifications from me regarding upcoming concerts, workshops and harp events. I strongly encourage attending as many of these extracurricular events as you can. Ask me about the “Attend Concerts, Earn Free Lessons” program.
4. For lessons, please:
- Clip your fingernails and remove any rings, bracelets or earrings that could scratch the harp.
- Set your cell phone to silent.
- Bring your notebook.
- If you arrive during another student’s lesson, please come in (quietly) and get your music or harp set up for your lesson.
- If you are recovering from a cold or think you may be coming down with a cold, please wash your hands once you have arrived.
No lessons the week after Christmas or the week after the Spring Recital.
Minnesota parents, you might be able to write off up to $1000 of the cost of harp lessons for your child on your MN tax return. Take a look at Schedule M1ED, line 8. I am a “qualified instructor.” If you would like an end-of-year receipt for lessons, please let me know by January 15th (or earlier).
Program: Attend Concerts, Earn Free Concerts
Read complete details here.
Please visit my Studio Reference page for information on how to practice, recommended reading, resources on harp maintenance, etc.
Stephanie Claussen teaches harp lessons out of her home in St. Paul, Minnesota. She strives to ingrain in each student not only correct hand position, rhythm and a sense of musicality, but also a love for making music.