Stephanie Claussen Studio Policy
- Payment by check is due at the first lesson of each month, or if paying online, by the 7th of the month. A fee of $5 per week may be assessed for late payments.
- No refunds
- If you would prefer to pay online with a credit card, I will send you a monthly invoice; you will pay the Paypal fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 per month.
2. Cancellation: Both e-mail and phone messages are acceptable methods of contacting me.
- If you have to cancel a lesson due to illness or a family emergency, please notify me as soon as possible and I will offer you a makeup lesson or credit for one lesson.
- If you have to cancel due to bad weather, please notify me as soon as possible and I will offer you one makeup lesson within the next two weeks. If there are no time slots available within that time, you forfeit the payment for that lesson.
- If you cancel for any other reason more than 48 hours in advance, I will offer you a makeup lesson or credit for one lesson.
- If you cancel for any other reason less than 48 hours in advance, I may (but probably won’t) choose to offer you a makeup lesson. If there are no time slots available within the next two weeks, you forfeit the payment for that lesson.
- Practice a minimum of 30 minutes per day, six days a week. Lack of practice during the week is not an acceptable reason to cancel a lesson. If there is a week where you are not able to practice the required amount, we will spend your lesson time on music theory, memorization techniques, sight reading and practicing tips.
- Refer every day to your practice notebook for specific goals and assignments.
- Equipment requirements:
- a harp
- a music stand
- some way to keep your harp in tune (electronic tuner, keyboard, or Smartphone app)
- a metronome
- “Exercises for Speed and Agility,” by Deborah Friou
- By registering with my studio, you agree to receive occasional e-mail notifications from me regarding upcoming concerts, workshops and harp events. I strongly encourage attending as many of these extracurricular events as you can.
4. For lessons, please:
- Clip your fingernails.
- Set your cell phone to silent.
- Bring your notebook.
- If you arrive during another student’s lesson, please come in (quietly) and get your music or harp set up for your lesson.
Parents, you might be able to write off up to $1000 of the cost of harp lessons for your child on your MN tax return. Take a look at Schedule M1ED, line 8. I am a “qualified instructor.” If you would like an end-of-year receipt for lessons, please let me know by January 15th (or earlier).
Current Year MN Tax Forms
Stephanie Claussen teaches harp lessons out of her home in St. Paul, Minnesota. She strives to ingrain in each student not only correct hand position, rhythm and a sense of musicality, but also a love for making music.