I’d like to hire a harpist for my wedding – what do I do?
- Check for Availability (6-12 months out)
Contact Stephanie using her Contact Page or call 651.493. 7904 to see if the wedding date is available.
- Reserve the Date (as soon as possible)
Do this with a non-refundable deposit, either by check or online. Note that Stephanie does not usually attend the wedding rehearsal. If you want her to be there, make sure to check that date as well and ask about her rehearsal rates. (Reserve the date)
- Is your wedding ceremony outside? Read Stephanie’s Outdoor Wedding Harp Guide.
- Schedule a free consultation (optional, 3-6 months out)
You can pay the balance, sign the contract, and choose your music all at once. Coming to Stephanie’s home studio gives you an option to hear various musical selections in person as well as listen to the difference between the two harps.
- Decide Between the Celtic or the Classical Harp
What’s the difference between them?
- Pick your music (3-12 months out)
Most people make selections for the processional, which is when the wedding party enters (you can choose one piece for the bridesmaids and one for the bride, or just one for both of them),
unity candle ceremony or prayer time (you can opt for a whole song, or just ask for soft music to fill that time), and the recessional, the grand finale to the ceremony as the wedding party exits.
If you have special song requests, let Stephanie know as soon as possible (minimum one month before the ceremony). If you have no idea what music you would like, Stephanie can suggest her favorites.
- Sign the contract (3-12 months out)
You and Stephanie both sign two copies of the contract – you keep one copy for your records, Stephanie keeps the other for her records. The contract outlines the exact time, date, and location of your event, as well as everyone’s contact information, how long you would like Stephanie to play and which harp you would like Stephanie to use. Make sure you have read and understood the special conditions clause if you are having an outdoor ceremony.
- Pay the balance (2 weeks-12 months out)
The balance is due two weeks before your wedding date. You can pay via check, or through Pay Pal (let Stephanie know and she will send you an electronic invoice.) Feel free to pay anytime before that deadline.
- Final details (1-2 months out)
- If you haven’t finalized your music selections, e-mail Stephanie with your decisions!
- Send your check now so you don’t have to think about it anymore.
- Make sure you sent Stephanie one of the signed contracts.
- Feel free to e-mail or call Stephanie with any last minute questions, but please don’t make changes to the music selections within a month of the ceremony.
- If your ceremony site is not handicapped-accessible and you requested the pedal harp, Stephanie may need help getting her harp to the location and back to her car again.
- Regardless of which harp Stephanie will be playing, she needs a fairly level area, at least six feet by six feet, to set up in.
- If the ceremony is outdoors and there is ANY chance that it might rain, she needs a tent already set up within a few feet of the harp or over the harp.
- If you asked for an amp, she needs at an electrical outlet within 12 feet of her location.
- The day of the wedding
What does my harpist need?
The answer is: nothing! Stephanie will bring her own music stand, chair, and stand light. You can expect her to arrive at least an hour before your ceremony starts and she will find someone who knows where she should set up. Before the service starts, she’ll connect with the officiant to discuss timing and cues. You can sit back and focus on getting married.
Stephanie Claussen has served the wedding industry in Minneapolis & St. Paul since 2000. Lovely harp music could be available for your ceremony–consider hiring Stephanie!